LED Christmas Lights Versus Regular Christmas Lights
Christmas is a happy season. Everyone looks forward to setting up their holiday trees, hanging up Christmas stockings and decorating the house with colorful ornaments. Of course, no Christmas would ever be complete without festive Christmas lights!
Christmas lights have been around for a long time, making the atmosphere inside the home warm and merry. Traditional lights have been used for decades and are still used today. However, a new breed of holiday lights is making their way to the market, and these are LED lights.
Which of the two types are better? To find out, hereís a comparison betweem LED and regular Christmas lights:
LED Christmas Lights
- LED lights use less energy than incandescent lights. Because of their energy efficiency, LED Christmas lights have very minimal effect on your electricity bill. From an environmental standpoint, this is good news: When less energy is consumed, less carbon dioxide is produced.
- With over 4,000 hours of life, LED bulbs are hands down more durable than incandescent lights. You donít have to purchase replacement bulbs or light strings for your prelit Christmas trees because LED lights do not burn as quickly as incandescent Christmas tree lights.
Standard Christmas Lights
- Older versions of LED lights are less bright than standard lights. Because of this, more light strings may be required to achieve the brightness which incandescent lights provide.
- They are also more expensive than the traditional Christmas lights. Per string, most LED Christmas lights have less bulbs than their counterpart, which means that you are likely to buy (and spend) more when you choose LEDs.
- Incandescent Christmas lights are unarguably brighter than LED Christmas lights. There are also more bulbs per light strand, which contributes to the overall intensity.
- When it comes to price, standard Christmas lights are much cheaper to buy than LED Christmas lights. You save money since you donít need to purchase additional strands.
- They burn faster. You might need to replace bulbs more frequently over the holidays because standard lights are not designed to last a long time. Although it may seem like you have saved some cash on traditional lights, you are actually negating your savings by purchasing replacements.
- Incandescent Christmas lights consume more energy. Every additional kilowatt hour your Christmas lights burn add to your electricity bill.
This has hopefully helped you to make a more informed decision about which type of Christmas lights suit you, your artificial Christmas tree, and your lifestyle!