Country Christmas Decorating Ideas for the Home
A country Christmas fills you with nostalgia and creates a statement of comfort and contentment. Make your home cozy and warm this holiday season with our country Christmas decorating ideas.
- Look for nostalgic décor pieces and ornaments that feature festive yet muted color schemes. The warmth of gold, burgundy and green is evocative of the countryside, so try to purchase items within this color range.
- Look for the perfect blend of color to highlight your country theme. Combine beige with serene hues for a cozy feel.
- Rustic decorating is famous for its white-washed accents. Add some ornaments that feature a faded white color to add a classic character to your decor.
- Plaid and checker patterns are charming accents to your Christmas furnishings.
- If you want something more personalized, let your prized country decor add flavor to a room. These items make your Christmas much more memorable!
- Felt stockings are a staple of the Yuletide season. When shopping for materials, do not forget to include them in your shopping list. Whatever your Christmas theme is, felt stockings are a good finishing touch.
- Embellish your candle centerpieces with white-washed pine cones, ribbons and hollies.
- Add an inviting accent by adding fresh fruits in a glass bowl and place them on your side and dining tables.
- For your centerpiece, you can also use glass jars with peppermint sticks, twine, ribbon and cranberries inside.
Wreaths and Garlands
- Wreaths are timeless décor elements during Christmastime. For a country-style wreath, choose grapevine wreaths with poinsettias. Or just choose a simple wreath with rustic elements like jute bows, berries and birds’ nests.
- Add personality to your wreath by tying your favorite fabric strips to it in bows. Unify the look by tying similar fabric to your Christmas tree, fruit baskets and even the presents nestled on the tree skirt.
- Add a festive scent to your garlands by attaching some cinnamon sticks.
- Line your furniture and tables with evergreen boughs and red berries.
- Adorn your Christmas trees with faux Christmas presents. Wrap small empty boxes of varying sizes and shapes in the Christmas wrapping paper of your choice. Then decorate them with bows and sprigs of greenery.
Get the feel!
One of the main elements in a rustic theme is wood. Showcase some wooden décor with ribbons on your Christmas trees. These handcrafted wooden ornaments vary from simple shapes like gingerbread men, diamonds and stars, to letters, candy canes and reindeer. If you know how to carve, consider creating your own letter ornaments and spell words such as “Merry” and “Christmas” or your family members’ names. Paint them or embellish them with glitter, small pieces of pinecones or ribbons.
Save, save, save!
You don’t have to put everything you need on your shopping list. You can actually get some ideas from the things you see every day and transform ordinary stuff into amazing creations!
One example is the popular popcorn garland. You don’t have to spend so much making it - just pop or cook your leftover corn kernels and string them together for your artificial Christmas trees. If you want to display something creative and personal, paint each popcorn using the color scheme you have selected. Creating popcorn garland not only shows your creativity and resourcefulness, but it also serves as a fun activity for you and your family.